# filter 0.10.1 release

- Thread: https://externals.io/message/25706
- Original archive: https://news-web.php.net/php.internals/25706
- Started by Pierre on 2006-09-14T18:47:04+00:00
- Messages: 3
- Reply by email to internals@lists.php.net
- More for agents: search with https://externals.io/search.md?q={query} · JSON API at https://externals.io/api · documentation at https://externals.io/llms.txt

---

## #25706 — Pierre — 2006-09-14T18:47:04+00:00

URL: https://externals.io/message/25706#25706

Hello,


5.2.0RC2 has been released a couple of mins ago, just like the RC3
release,  I like to release a
bug fixes only Filter release. The three fixed bugs are:

- filter.default has been fixed, it was broken in 0.10.0 and RC3
- Float filter handling of 02.324
- better fix of the test 035

If there is no objection, I will release it tomorrow evening.

Derick, you told us on IRC that you like to have an API shake up, or
bring "consistency", I think it is now too late, we will not have any
other RC.

If you convinced Ilia about a RC5, then I'm fine. If not it is, in my
oppinion, too dangerous to change that now. What's about post 5.2.0
while bringing the PECL filter package to 1.0.0-stable (a long road)?

Thanks for your upcoming answers,

-- Pierre

---

## #25707 — Derick Rethans — 2006-09-14T19:06:04+00:00

URL: https://externals.io/message/25706#25707 · In reply to: #25706

> 5.2.0RC2 has been released a couple of mins ago, just like the RC3
> release,  I like to release a
> bug fixes only Filter release. The three fixed bugs are:
> 
> - filter.default has been fixed, it was broken in 0.10.0 and RC3
> - Float filter handling of 02.324
> - better fix of the test 035
> 
> If there is no objection, I will release it tomorrow evening.

Just hold that off for a bit because of the API changes.

> Derick, you told us on IRC that you like to have an API shake up, or
> bring "consistency", I think it is now too late, we will not have any
> other RC.
>
> If you convinced Ilia about a RC5, then I'm fine. If not it is, in my
> oppinion, too dangerous to change that now. What's about post 5.2.0
> while bringing the PECL filter package to 1.0.0-stable (a long road)?

No, we need to have a consistent API. Final RC or not. I will not agree 
to introduce an new extension with a "broken" API.

regards,
Derick
-- 
Derick Rethans
http://derickrethans.nl | http://ez.no | http://xdebug.org

---

## #25708 — Pierre — 2006-09-14T19:10:28+00:00

URL: https://externals.io/message/25706#25708 · In reply to: #25707

Hello,


> 
>
> > […]
>
> Just hold that off for a bit because of the API changes.

I disagree, I really like to have this release to validate the fixes
and the implementation. It is really important to have the wider
possible audience. Having a PECL release that matches a PHP release is
fine, or what is good for a PHP release is not good for a PECL
release?

> > […]
>
> No, we need to have a consistent API. Final RC or not. I will not agree
> to introduce an new extension with a "broken" API.

You had months to disagree. I like consistency, I like stability even
more. I'm not saying that filter is stable, but its code will be
executed in every single install and will certainly be widely adopted,
we cannot take the risk to have a broken ext in 5.2.0. Short version:
wait or convince Ilia :-)

--Pierre
